Anemia PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation and seminar topics about What is Anemia, Measurements of Anemia, Symptoms of Anemia on Anemia PPT format.
What is Anemia?
Deficiency in the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood due to a diminished erythrocyte mass.
May be due to:
- Erythrocyte loss (bleeding)
- Decreased Erythrocyte production
Decreased marrow response to erythropoietin
- Increased Erythrocyte destruction (hemolysis)
Measurements of Anemia
Hemoglobin = grams of hemoglobin per 100 mL of whole blood (g/dL)
Hematocrit = percent of a sample of whole blood occupied by intact red blood cells
RBC = millions of red blood cells per microL of whole blood
MCV = Mean corpuscular volume
- If > 100 → Macrocytic anemia
- If 80 – 100 → Normocytic anemia
- If < 80 → Microcytic anemia
RDW = Red blood cell distribution width
- = (Standard deviation of red cell volume ÷ mean cell volume) × 100
- Normal value is 11-15%
- If elevated, suggests large variability in sizes of RBCs
Symptoms of Anemia
- Exertional dyspnea
- Dyspnea at rest
- Bounding pulses
- Lethargy, confusion
- Muscle cramps
- Postural dizziness
Special Considerations in Determining Anemia
Drop in Hgb or Hct may not be shown until 36 to 48 hours after acute bleed (even though patient may be hypotensive)
- In third trimester, RBC and plasma volume are expanded by 25 and 50%, respectively.
- Labs will show reductions in Hgb, Hct, and RBC count, often to anemic levels, but according to RBC mass, they are actually polycythemic
Patient’s who are severely volume depleted may not show anemia until after rehydrated
1. What is Anemia?
2. Measurements of Anemia
3. Symptoms of Anemia
4. Special Considerations in Determining Anemia
5. RBC Life Cycle
6. Causes of Anemia
7. And more.
Subscribe to newfreeppt.com
Filed in category: Health, and tagged with: Anemia paper presentation, Anemia PPT, Anemia PPT Free Download