Network Devices PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation and seminar topics about Ethernet – Architecture, Ethernet – IEEE 802.3, NIC Connector type on Network Devices PPT format.
Computer networking devices are units that mediate data in a computer network. Computer networking devices are also called network equipment, Intermediate Systems (IS) or InterWorking Unit (IWU). Units which are the last receiver or generate data are called hosts or data terminal equipment.
Common basic networking devices :
- Router: a specialized network device that determines the next network point to which it can forward a data packet towards the destination of the packet. Unlike a gateway, it cannot interface different protocols. Works on OSI layer 3.
- Bridge: a device that connects multiple network segments along the data link layer. Works on OSI layer 2.
- Switch: a device that allocates traffic from one network segment to certain lines (intended destination(s)) which connect the segment to another network segment. So unlike a hub a switch splits the network traffic and sends it to different destinations rather than to all systems on the network. Works on OSI layer 2.
- Hub: connects multiple Ethernet segments together making them act as a single segment. When using a hub, every attached all the objects, compared to switches, which provide a dedicated connection between individual nodes. Works on OSI layer 1.
- Repeater: device to amplify or regenerate digital signals received while sending them from one part of a network into another. Works on OSI layer 1.
Subscribe to newfreeppt.com
Filed in category: Networking, and tagged with: Bridge, Common, Computer, Connector, device, Ethernet, gateway, hub, interface, InterWorking, layer, Network, OSI, packet, Router, Switch