Wind Energy PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation and seminar topics about What is Wind Power, Wind Energy Conversion on Wind Energy PPT format.
What is Wind Power?
• Wind power is good renewable, clean and free source of energy for power production
• Reduce dependence on fossil fuels including imported oils
• Reduce emission of greenhouse gas and other pollutant
• One major concern is the noise – can be improved Intermittency and variability of the wind
• 1.0 – 2.5 million per MW for large scale
- Most commercial wind turbine are in the range of 2 MW
• $3,000 – 5000 per kW in range less than 10kW
- $15,000 – $25,00 for residential home application
• The wind is created by the movement of atmospheric air mass as a results of variation of atmospheric pressure, which results from the difference in solar heating of different parts of the earth surface.
Wind Energy Conversion
• Wind power describes the process by which the wind is used to generate mechanical energy or electrical energy.
• Wind energy is the kinetic energy of the large mass of air over the earth surface.
• Wind turbines converts the kinetic energy of the wind into mechanical energy first and then into electricity if needed.
• The energy in the wind turns propeller like blades around a rotor shaft.
• It is the design of the blades that is primarily responsible for converting the kinetic energy into mechanical energy.
• The rate of change of angular momentum of air at inlet and outlet of a blade gives rise to the mechanical torque.
Wind Turbine Power and Efficiency
• A wind turbine converts a fraction of the wind energy into mechanical energy
- A part is transferred to the rotor of the wind turbine ( )
- Rest is carried away by passing air
• The efficiency is the ratio of actual power developed by wind turbine rotor to the available wind power
Wind Energy Content:
1. What is Wind Power?
2. Typical Cost
3. The Wind
4. Wind Energy Conversion
5. Wind Turbine Power and Efficiency
6. Wind Turbine Torque
7. Rotor Torque
8. And more.
Subscribe to newfreeppt.com
Filed in category: Technology, and tagged with: Wind Energy paper presentation, Wind Energy PPT, Wind Energy PPT Free Download